Become a student of the Faculty of Horticulture, Ecology and Plant Protection
The Faculty of Horticulture, Ecology and Plant Protection stands to study the peculiarities of providing the population with valuable, ecologically clean food products by obtaining high and sustainable yields of quality fruits based on the use of world experience and the introduction of modern science. And the faculty together with the students are active participants in this large-scale project. During the training, applicants get acquainted with the current professional subjects. Learning is easy and interesting, because students not only learn innovations in education, but also realize their potential, discover creative talents, making the world around them happier and healthier.
The outstanding qualities of a horticultural specialist have remained unchanged for almost two centuries. After all, both at the beginning of the founding of Uman National University of Horticulture, and now the gardener is an intellectual thinker, educated and progressive, ready for innovation and change. These are the qualities that teachers consider a priority, contributing in every way to their formation and development in future professionals.
In 2021, admission to the Uman National University of Horticulture at the Faculty of Horticulture, Ecology and Plant Protection will be carried out in the following specialties:
Each specialty is an interesting world of optimal combination of theoretical knowledge and practical skills; educational process adapted to European educational programs; a full cycle of knowledge required by a specialist for a successful career.
- 091 "Biology" is a science of life, so a biologist is a specialist who studies the general properties and patterns of development of living organisms, studies the species diversity of plants. The motto of a biologist is "From science and learning to practical activity", because this specialty gives the opportunity to become an active participant in life as a process from the inside, often - as its creator.
- 101 "Ecology" – a specialty that combines information developments of many subject areas, including: engineering, mathematics, chemistry, medicine, economics, soil science, biology, geology, law and others. Such a mix of seemingly incompatible knowledge will help humanity solve environmental problems, including the protection of nature and human health, which are among the most important at the present stage of development of society. After all, ecology has now become not only a science, but also a way of thinking, behaving, a reality of action.
- 202 "Plant Protection and Quarantine" – a specialty that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities in the development, reproduction and spread of harmful organisms, their interaction with the environment, as well as the development of scientific knowledge for innovative development agricultural sector.
- 103 "Earth Sciences" is a set of sciences that study the Earth, its natural properties, humanity and the results of its economic activities. And this is a doctrine that explores other planets, given the possibility of their colonization in the future
- 203 "Horticulture and viticulture" – a specialty related to the cultivation, storage and primary processing of fruits, vegetables and grapes. The specialist of this specialty is well acquainted with technologies of cultivation of planting material of grapes, fruit and berry cultures, new types of plantings, systems of the maintenance of soil in them, fertilizers, formation; technologies for growing vegetable crops in open and closed soil, medicinal plants, integrated plant protection against pests, diseases and weeds.
- 183 "Environmental Technologies" – this specialty will provide modern universal knowledge that can be applied in any field of activity related to industry, labor protection, environmental and man-made safety. And this is not surprising, because now the priority of any state, first of all, should be to protect the environment and reduce the negative impact on it. Therefore, the solution to this problem is impossible without highly qualified specialists – technologists in environmental protection.
One of the most effective elements of educational activity and the most important component of the educational process in Uman National University of Horticulture is, of course, industrial practice. Immersion in the practical environment of the chosen specialty gives a good opportunity to consolidate the knowledge acquired during lectures and practical classes, to feel directly the subtleties of the profession. And it allows future professionals to reveal their scientific abilities, because the existing baggage of theory in combination with practice often raises new questions that require a balanced and sound answer. And it is this combination of experience gained by predecessors, multiplied by young enthusiasm and inquisitive mind, makes it possible to educate professionals of the highest professional grade.
Why choose us?
Specialties at the Faculty of Horticulture, Ecology and Plant Protection at Uman National University of Horticulture are:
DEMAND – specialists have the opportunity to get a job not only in the chosen specialty, but also in a wide range of professional areas "Agricultural Sciences and Food"; EXPERIENCE – the possibility of internship at the best specialized enterprises and organizations not only in Ukraine but also abroad with further employment; MEETING THE REQUIREMENTS OF TIME – modern knowledge, multiplied by significant scientific developments, the latest bases for internships and research; LEARNING IN A CONVENIENT FORMAT – the possibility of parallel education in two specialties at once and distance learning methods online at a time convenient for the student.
Mandatory set of documents!
originals and copies of the document on the educational degree and the appendix to it; military ID or registration certificate (for conscripts); originals and copies of external independent evaluation certificates; a copy of an identity document; registration number of the taxpayer's account card; four color photographs measuring 3 x 4 cm (4 pieces); certificate of registration of residence of the person.
We are waiting for you!
Guaranteed admission to the university provided if you choose priority № 1!
Find out more information about joining the Uman National University of Horticulture Admissions Committee website.